Jodie Horton-Stanley: Founder of Go Zumba® UK
Hey, my name is Jodie and Zumba has been a huge part of my life since 2009 (and I wouldn’t have it any other way!). I’ve made so many friends over the years, met such awesome people and have had a lot of fun. I originally came across Zumba while looking for a way to lose my baby weight and tone up after having my daughter Eden. I fell in love with the program, decided to become an instructor and have never looked back.
If you’ve been to a Zumba class, you’ll know what a fab dance party it is and how amazing you feel afterwards. The exercise is definitely disguised in easy to follow dance moves which give your whole body a workout so you don’t even realise how many calories you are burning. If you haven’t tried a class yet…..what are you waiting for?
It seriously is for everyone from age 10-80, no dance or fitness experience required!
Some interesting and weird facts about me that you might not know:
- I spent 10 years working abroad in countries like Spain, Cyprus, Tunisia and Japan 🌎
- My pet hate is getting stuck behind someone walking slowly when I’m in a hurry 🤦🏼♀️
- My favourite way to unwind is in the woodland being surrounded by nature
- My two cats are called “Princess” and “Saffie and of sapphire throne”🐈
- I used to own 2 fish and chip shops in Mallorca 🍟
- I’m a cocktail kind of girl 🍹
- I love stickers and organising my diary 📓
- Tracey and I are also wedding photographers and videographers when we’re not at Zumba 📸
- My favourite place in the UK to visit by the sea is Torquay 🏖
- I performed at the world marching band championship as a flag twirler (a long time ago) where we received a Silver medal 🥈
- I love horror films but can’t bear to watch them without a pillow to hide behind 🧛🏼♂️
- My fave food is Clotted cream with…..umm anything or even on it’s own!! 🐄
- Dancing makes me happy – you probably guessed that one already! 💃
Tracey Barron: Instructor and technical director
Tracey is the brains behind our website and filming our online classes but more importantly is my totally awesome wife. Having been a part of our Zumba family for 10 years, she has a real passion for our classes and our wonderful members. She is the friendly face greeting you on arrival and shares her Zumba energy and fun and sense of humour at every class. Some of you also know her as “Dr Tracey” too and she is a fountain of all knowledge – test her out the next time you see her!