Jodie Horton-Stanley: Founder of Go Zumba® UK
Hey, my name is Jodie and Zumba has been a huge part of my life for 12 years now (and I wouldn’t have it any other way!). I’ve made so many friends over the years, met such awesome people and have had a lot of fun. I originally came across Zumba while looking for a way to lose my baby weight and tone up after having my daughter Eden. I fell in love with the program, decided to become an instructor and have never looked back.
Lock down has changed the way our classes work and we’ve been lucky enough to have been able to move our classes to a virtual setting since week 1, enabling our members old and new to be able to workout from home. They virtual classes have been really popular and we’ll keep them going as long as we can alongside in person classes. I’m super happy that live classes are back though and we’ve secured a huge sports hall at one of our first ever venues Yate Academy as well as returning to St Saviours Church Hall. Come and try a live class for yourself or maybe join in from the comfort of your own home with our virtual classes Monday – Saturday from 9am-9pm.
If you’ve been to a Zumba class, you’ll know what a fab dance party it is and how amazing you feel afterwards. The exercise is definitely disguised in easy to follow dance moves which give your whole body a workout so you don’t even realise how many calories you are burning. If you haven’t tried a class yet…..what are you waiting for?
It seriously is for everyone from age 10-80, no dance or fitness experience required!
Some interesting and weird facts about me that you might not know:
- I spent 10 years working abroad in countries like Spain, Cyprus, Tunisia and Japan 🌎
- My pet hate is having to parallel park 🤦🏼♀️
- My two cats are called “Princess” and “Saffie and of sapphire throne”🐈
- I used to own 2 fish and chip shops in Mallorca 🍟
- I straighten my fringe even before I go to bed 💇🏼♀️
- I’m a cocktail kind of girl 🍹
- I love stickers and organising my diary 📓
- Tracey and I both run an Eco friendly gift company and are passionate about reducing plastic waste ♻️
- I performed at the world marching band championship where we received a Silver medal 🥈
- I love horror films but can’t bear to watch them without a pillow to hide behind 🧛🏼♂️
- My fave food is Clotted cream with…..umm anything or even on it’s own!! 🐄
- Dancing makes me happy – you probably guessed that one already! 💃
Tracey Barron: Instructor and technical director
Tracey is the brains behind our website and filming our online classes but more importantly is my totally awesome life partner. Having been a part of our Zumba family for 9 years, she has a real passion for our classes and our wonderful members. She is the friendly face greeting you on arrival and shares her Zumba energy and fun and sense of humour at every class. Some of you also know her as “Dr Tracey” too and she is a fountain of all knowledge – test her out the next time you see her!