Cloud bread. More recipes like this can be found at www.eatcleanplan.com
10 mins prep, 20 mins cooking time. Make 4 large slices or 8 mini slices.
Ingredients: 6 eggs – separated. 1/4 tsp cream of tartar 6 tbsp greek yoghurt .
- Preheat the oven 150C/130C fan/gas 2
- Place the egg whites in a bowl, add the cream of tartar and whip with an electric whisk into stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, add the yoghurt to the egg yolks and mix well with the whisk.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the yolks until just combined. Add the rest of the egg whites and continue to fold until combined. Be really gentle, the idea is not to knock the air out of the mixture.
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper and place two large dollops of the mixture on each tray.
- Spread out the mixture into large circles/rectangles with the back of a spoon so they are about 1.5cm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Fill with your choice of sandwich fillings and enjoy!
To make pizza cloud bread:
- Once the cloud bread is cooked, start by gently spooning tomato puree over each pizza base then your choice of toppings and sprinkle with herbs.
- Add grated cheese over the top and pop back in the oven until the cheese melts and everything is warmed through. So easy and tasty!
- Eat within 24 hours of cooking and store in the fridge. Make a double batch and freeze between layers of parchment paper.